Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions, Inc.
Leading Excursions into Maritime History
This page lists links that we find useful and informative. There are many other links dispersed throughout the site on other pages where the links are related to a specific context.
Boston and Salem Sound Information - Marine Weather and Safety:
- NOAA site for wind and sea state information for Boston and western Mass Bay. NWS marine forecast also available here. For Mass Bay forecasts, look at the Merrimack River out 25 nm to Plymouth out 40 nm forecast area.
- NOAA site for wind and sea state information for Cape Ann, Mass Bay and Northern Stellwagen sector.
- Safety information for diving in Salem Sound and avoiding transiting ship traffic to and from Salem Harbor.
Diving Emergency Links (See link off left hand menu for local info):
- If you think you have been injured in a diving accident, contact DAN and your local emergency facility
Shipwreck Research Related Sites:
- Automated Wreck and Obstruction Information System (AWOIS). Maintained by NOAA, a resource for wreck locating and identification processes. Various areas of the database can be downloaded
- Easiest to use if you want to sort by chart number or wreck name
- Convert decimal minutes to seconds and vice versa
- The 1983 "Blue Book", which contains Loran A and C coordinates for obstructions. This is a large PDF file, which covers much of the Eastern Seaboard
- Contact information and criterion for making inquiries on the losses of US Merchant vessels
- Archival holdings for records and photographs, located in Washington, DC
- Web site with extensive links and information regarding shipwreck history, research, and maritime law
- Massachusetts Board of Underwater Archaeological Resources website. Includes the "Exempt" wrecks list. These wrecks are exempt from obtaining a permit that might result in significant disruption of the site, not casual artifact collection. Artifact collection is permitted.
- History and photos on Naval ships
- Archive for U-boat research
New England Area Research Groups, Services, Organizations, Clubs and Websites
- Non-profit dive organization, which hosts an annual clinic in Boston
- Oceanographic and shipwreck related research, surveys, commercial diving operations, salvage and consulting services based in Fairhaven, MA.
Photo and Video
- The best in underwater video housings
- New York based camera and accessory sales. Reliable and fair prices.
Want to see your link here? Email us to inquire.
This web site is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer
© Copyright 2003-2012 Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions, Inc.
All Rights Reserved